Who are we?
Evyon is a startup with the mission of enabling maximum value generation from second-life EV batteries by repurposing them in a streamlined, safe, and cost-effective way. By developing technologies and processes to quickly convert a growing waste problem into a profitable solution to enable the renewable energy transition, we strive to realize our mission of maximizing the value of every battery. This we do driven by our vision of a fully renewable future for everyone.
Based in Oslo, Norway, we have the ambition to become the European leader in repurposed batteries by the end of 2025, and world-leading by 2030. We are looking for people with passion and grit that wants to join our team of ~25 team players in realizing this ambition.
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the requirements list. Experience with battery systems or similar is of special interest. At Evyon, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously, boldly and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
Do you dream of leaving the world a better place than when you arrived? Are you looking for an opportunity to turn waste into value while accelerating the energy transition? Do you thrive in an inclusive, supportive and high-performing team?
If your answers are all “yes”, come to join us as we work to build a fully renewable future for everyone.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be leading Evyon’s development efforts for our commercial & industrial battery energy storage products. As a key member of our team, you will start by taking ownership of the commercialization and certification process. Collaborating with teams and taking charge of the product development process, you will have a direct impact on Evyon's success, by delivering reliable and cutting-edge systems.
This is a unique opportunity to showcase your skills and elevate your career to the next level with leadership responsibilities increasing as you continue to grow in the role.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the electrical engineering development efforts for our commercial & industrial battery energy storage products
- Supporting the deployment and subsequent rework of the battery energy storage pilot series
- Customization and configuration change implementation for new markets (harsh environments, mobile applications, ++)
- Reworking and adapting the design for new types of repurposed EV batteries
- Battery energy storage components verification and redesign for improved performances or new applications
- Preparing and implementing test plans for the design
- Developing the electrical teams’ skills and knowledge
What are the ideal qualifications?
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the requirements list, but for this position, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- MSc in Electrical Engineering/ vocational education in a relevant field / equivalent work experience
- Detailed electrical engineering capabilities with a focus on the design of high-power systems
- Ability to work cross-functionally and exposure to multidisciplinary projects (software, mechanical, industrial, DFM, DFR, ++)
- Experience with the development of medium-volume products and subsequent lifecycle phases (1-10k/year)
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and thoughts in English - you will use this language on a daily basis to communicate with all stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Experience with electrical systems and energy systems certification
- Lithium-ion battery experience
- Experience working in labs and performing testing (verification and validation)
What are we offering?
We offer growth opportunities, a competitive salary, a flexible and engaging work environment, personal development support, five weeks of vacation, parental leave salary matching, a mobile subscription, and an ownership stake in a bold company in one of the fastest-growing industries in Norway.
At Evyon we are serious about developing and listening to our team. Every employee has a 1-on-1 with their manager at least monthly to make sure all parties - the employee, the manager, and the company - can continuously improve. Evyon is also using OKRs to set the direction and measure our progress in a transparent manner. We foster a collaborative approach to making sure everyone in the company directly contributes to shaping our direction.
You will play a key role in developing a revolutionary product that will change an entire industry and have a positive environmental impact.
Apply below - and don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions!