Who are we?
Evyon is a startup with the mission of enabling maximum value generation from second-life EV batteries by repurposing them in a streamlined, safe, and cost-effective way. By developing technologies and processes to quickly convert a growing waste problem into a profitable solution to enable the renewable energy transition, we strive to realize our mission of maximizing the value of every battery. This we do driven by our vision of a fully renewable future for everyone.
Based in Oslo, Norway, we have the ambition to become the European leader in repurposed batteries by the end of 2025, and world-leading by 2030. We are looking for people with passion and grit that wants to join our team of ~25 team players in realizing this ambition.
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the requirements list. Experience with battery systems or similar is of special interest. At Evyon, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously, boldly and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
As an IoT Engineer, you will be developing our IoT edge software, i.e. the battery controller (BCU) software and logic, focusing on robustness and reliability. You will work as a member of our highly skilled technical solvers team, consisting of highly experienced and focused electrical, mechanical and software engineers.
Our technical solvers team is focused on developing Evyon’s integrated software-hardware platform, enabling a scalable and data-driven approach to battery repurposing.
You will be building the foundation of our battery management and optimization solution. This will include aligning with our battery science team on understanding the technical challenges and customer needs, designing an analytical approach, implementing a solution, ensuring it is of high quality, and sharing with multi-discipline technology teams topics in your fields of expertise.
What will you be doing?
- Engineer the IoT edge solution for our planet-friendly battery energy storage systems, and ensuring optimal integration of the systems in a wide-range of applications, as well as ensuring efficient interaction with our AI analytics modules and our cloud-based data platform.
- Work together with software architects & developers, battery scientists and data experts to bring a scalable, safe and reliable IoT-enabled product to market.
- Troubleshoot problems related to commissioning, service availability, security and APIs.
What are the ideal qualifications?
- Proficiency with scripting/programming (Python, Bash, C/C++)
- Experience using Docker
- 4+ years of experience
- Message queuing - MQTT
- Embedded Linux / Raspberry Pi
- Strong understanding of industrial protocols: Modbus, CAN, etc.
- Fluency in English is a must
- Leadership experience of other technical profiles is a plus, but not a requirement
What are we offering?
- The opportunity to join the journey of a startup from early days to international success.
- The opportunity to use your professional career to develop products that have a profoundly positive environmental impact.
- Ownership in the company with significant financial upside.
- A competitive salary.
- Challenging tasks and as much responsibility as you are ready for.
- An ambitious, caring and supportive work environment.
- Five weeks of vacation, parental leave salary matching, and a mobile subscription.
Apply below - and don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions!